Menu options explained
Here is what each of our menu options do.
In our banner are several options for accessing content on our site. You should keep in mind that folkjam.org searches for content in two different ways. Most of our displays automatically show you only the data in your local area. We guess at your local area and suggest that you change your location if we get it wrong. The second method of search is via our search box at the top of every page - it searches all of our content regardless of where you are.
- Musical style
- Searches for jams in your local area based on the musical style tag(s) that the contributor submitted.
- Searches for jams in your local area based on the instrument tag(s) that the contributor submitted.
- Change the location folkjam uses for your searches.
- This week
- Jams happening this week in your local area.
- This month
- Jams happening this month in your local area.
Find Local Jams
- local jam overview
- Brings you back to the folkjam.org home page. Among other things, this page shows you a list of upcomming jams in the local area as well as a map.
- local jam calendar
- Shows a month by month calendar of jams in your local area
- local jam list
- Displays a list of all of the jam sessions in your local area. The results can be sorted by several different columns.
- local jam map
- Displays a map showing all jams within your local area. You can click on the pin for any jam to get further information.
- local jam report
- Downloads an Adobe .pdf file with a single page report of jams in your local area. Print out a handful of these and take them to the next jam session you attend.
- change your location
- All of the 'Find Local Jams' menu options show you data that is near where folkjam thinks you are. You can look at other cities by changing your location.
Find National Jams
- national jam map
- Displays a map with a pin for every jam and festival in the United States. You can zoom in/out on the map and scroll it to find what you are looking for. Note that we are working to make this menu option show you a map of your country rather than the US.
Find Worldwide Jams
- world jam map
- Displays a map with a pin for every jam and festival we have in our database. You can zoom in/out on the map and scroll it to find what you are looking for.
- list all jams
- Shows a breakdown of all the jam sessions on folkjam.org broken down by country, region/state and postal code.
- Festival Calendar
- View the upcoming festivals in our database
- Acoustic Music Camp Calendar
- View the calendar of acoustic music camps and workshops
- Discuss folk music with other members of the folkjam.org community, find tips and guidelines for playing at jams and make requests to start new jams in your area.
- what's new
- What is new and improved on folkjam.org? See news from the folkjam team as we continue to improve the site.
- jam guidelines
- Ever wondered what the 'rules of jamming' look like? We still wonder, but with these handy guidelines written by jammers we break the rules less frequently than we used to.
- user locations
- Where are the users of folkjam?
- news aggregator
- We bring together news feeds on folk music from around the web and make them easy for you to browse and read.
- put folkjam.org listings on your site
- Did you know that folkjam.org is more than what you see here? Our back end systems can be tapped using RSS to put jam session dates on your web site. Do you maintain a web site where you maintain information on a local jam? Are you sick of editing it just to update the date every week or month? Learn how you can edit your site one last time and then count on folkjam.org to keep your dates current.
- link to folkjam.org
- We think folkjam is awesome and we hope that you do too. Help us spread the word by putting a link to folkjam.org on your web site.
- About Us
- What massive corporation built folkjam.org? Not quite. It was massive cooperation between two friends and countless contributors.
- What do you think of our service and our site? We really want to know.
- Will bring you to these help screens.
- Log out
- Ends your visit on folkjam.org. Y'all come back soon now, ok?