Lookingfor experienced players

1 reply [Last post]
Groups: None
Lookingfor experienced players

I'm looking to 'hook-up' with experienced-advanced bluegrass players/singers for jamming (at the minimum) with the view of possibly forming a group. I play mandolin, rythm guitar, and bass, and sing lead/tenor/baritone, as well as write. I've had several songs copyrighted and an album released in Europe (a long time ago).

I'm not Tim O'Brien or Sam Bush on mandolin, but am usually able to hold my own. I've got the pickin' bug.

Contact me (Tony) at: 951-784-5003. I can drive to where there's good pickin.'

Commenting on this Forum topic is closed.

Groups: None
experienced picker

Saw your note that you were looking for an experienced bluegrass player. I've been pickin banjo for over 30 years and know a few big names. I used to play in a country/rock band in the 80's around the St.Louis area, but always loved my banjo. What's ironic is my name is "Joe" as well!! I've thought about trying to get more than just "pickin' buddies", but it's hard because everyone lives so far away from each other. I do get together with a few people every now and again for a little jam session. Just out of curiosity, where are you located? I'm in Jefferson County, just south of St. Louis County. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read my reply.
Take care,
Joe

User login

Find local musicians and jams through folkjam.

• Improve your skills - play
  • Promote your local jams
  • Join/start local groups
  • Connect with local musicians
  • Receive details of new jams via email

Play well with others

Recent comments