Looking for a ukulele group in Cleveland, Ohio

15 replies [Last post]
Groups: None
Looking for a ukulele group in Cleveland, Ohio

Our uke jam group in Toronto is thinking of making a road trip to Cleveland to take in the Rock Hall and would love to find a uke group there as well. Anyone know of any in the area?

Thanks!

Commenting on this Forum topic is closed.

There were several ukulele

There were several ukulele players who showed up for the Jake Shimabukuro show last year at E. J. Thomas Hall in Akron (several of whom brought their instruments for Jake to sign). So I think there is a ukulele community in this area. But I've never heard of there being a formal group. Unfortunately I didn't get the contact information for any of those uke players.

Cleveland Ukes

There's a group (slowly) forming: Cleveland Ukulele Orchestra. Very first meet-up was last monday, which I unfortunately missed. Contact KirkatKirkMillerdotcom.

I've browsed the website for the Corktown Uke Jam with great envy, and look forward to the eventual emergence of something similar here. My trip up to Toronto this spring didn't fall on a Wednesday, much to my chagrin.

Let me know as your plans firm up for the Cleveland trip - maybe a bar could be found that would put up with the ruckus.

Cheers,

Drywell, you should post

Drywell, you should post this new gathering as a jam. A few more ukulele players might come out of the woodwork. This Folkjam website is getting very popular these days.

Looking For A Uke Group In Cleveland

I didn't know there was a Uke group forming here, but I'm in the process of putting together a Beginning Uke Workshop this spring. Date is not set, but I believe I have located a teacher. I play guitar with a Hula Halau(school) in Twinsburg, Ohio. If there are players in the area interested in the workshop,or in Hula, you can contact me here. I'm a new uke player myself, having started last November.
Paul

I've just posted info for a

I've just posted info for a group that is meeting at Cleveland Heights Public Library - Coventry branch, last Tuesday of every month, 7:30 - 8:30. Open to all.

Workshop sounds interesting - let us know when you've got more info.

Kevin

Cleveland Uke Jam listing live

drywell's post has just cleared moderation and is here:

http://www.folkjam.org/recurring-jam/us/ohio/cleveland-heights/jumping-f...

jumping flea ukulele night

I attended last tuesdays Jumping Flea night for the first time. I got out of the house latebut managed to arrive about 8:00. There were about 8 or 9 people there,I believe another first timer besides myself. Seems to be a nice friendly bunch of people, just out to sing, play and have a good time. I'm not real familliar to the area, and parked on the street. I don't know if there is parking on Library propperty, oe a public lot nearby, but if I manage to get there a little earlier next time I'll peep that out better. I was more interested in not missing the jam, as I was already running late. I had a good time, I think everyone else did also.They have a few songbooks they use, and are looking to have more. As late as I was, there was no time to socialize, I'll have to be early next month.Come on down, knock the dust of those uke's, I know the're in the closet.
Paul

Cleveland Jumping Flea

Fun casual group. www.clevelandjumpingflea.blogspot.com

I just saw some killer

I just saw some killer uke-strummin last night over at The Mousetrap for an iuhealth.org benefit. The dude's rhythm wasn't so tight but he sounded great anyway. That is the great thing about playing unplugged, it sounds good just strummin away at anything!

Derick

NEED A UKULELE PLAYER!!

I'm searching for a ukulele player for my wedding on the beach at Lakeview park, its a beach themed wedding and I thought a uke would be the perfect touch, compensation rate is negotiable, If anyone is interested or knows who I might be able to contact to find someone to play at my wedding PLEASE let me know!! my e-mail is hhovanitz@aol.com
Greatly appreciated!!!!
~Heather

I should specify this is in

I should specify this is in northeast ohio

might you be interested in or

might you be interested in or know someone who I can contact to perform at my wedding? I'm in dire search of a ukulele player to play me down the isle on the beach in northeast ohio. any leads are greatly appreciated!
thanks,
Heather

Groups: Fiddler?
Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago

This is the place you can find any instrumentalist for any kind of gig. http://www.oldtownschool.org/referrals/

I don't know if they will know anyone who is in your area or who will travel there, but give them a try.

Groups: Fiddler?
Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago

http://www.oldtownschool.org/referrals/

I don't know if they have referrals as far as Ohio, but they have just about any kind of musician for any kind of gig.

Cleveland Heights Ukulele Group

For anyone interested: we have a group that meets the last Tuesdays of every month at the Coventry Village Library in Cleveland Heights. We start at 7:30 and end around 8:30. Free & open to ALL levels!

We use the "Daily Ukulele: 365 Days to Better Living" as our songbook, but people often bring in other music to share.

We have a blog too: http://clevelandjumpingflea.blogspot.com/

Hope you'll join us!

User login

Find local musicians and jams through folkjam.

• Improve your skills - play
  • Promote your local jams
  • Join/start local groups
  • Connect with local musicians
  • Receive details of new jams via email

Play well with others

Recent comments