Looking for some help

1 reply [Last post]
Groups: None
Looking for some help

Picked up the old Epiphone again after letting it sit in corner for the last 30+ years starting over from scratch. Looking for someone to help me along with some incouragment and a few tips so I can get up to speed. Is there anyone out there that can help please!!!! almost forgot to mention I live in the Houston area.

Commenting on this Forum topic is closed.

Groups: None
I was in the exact same boat

I was in the exact same boat about 2-1/2 years ago, and I've made tons of progress in the interim. Just realize that some frustration will come with the territory, and make a commitment to yourself to stick with it and you will go as far as you want.

I attacked the problem very methodically this time around, and I found a couple of books that have helped a lot; starting with "Guitar Basics" by Bruce Buckingham (from Musicians Institute), then the "Fretboard Logic" books by Bill Edwards, and one with the pretentious title of "The Principles of Correct Practice for the Guitar." That last one is an interesting take on learning from the beginning, and has some very helpful exercises I've never seen anywhere else. Online, you should check out Justinguitar.com for some free visual lessons on technique.

Good luck, and hang in there!

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
- David St. Hubbins

User login

Find local musicians and jams through folkjam.

• Improve your skills - play
  • Promote your local jams
  • Join/start local groups
  • Connect with local musicians
  • Receive details of new jams via email

Play well with others

Recent comments