Looking for Female fiddle player/vocalist Hot Springs, AR

4 replies [Last post]
Groups: None
Looking for Female fiddle player/vocalist Hot Springs, AR

Our three piece band is considering adding a fiddle player to our group. We would prefer a female fiddle player to soften the rough edges of our ugly mugs and can also sing (lead & harmony). An intermediate fiddler would fit in fine. We currently have one regular weekly gig and one monthly gig with additional paying gigs now and then. We don't take ourselves too seriously and we try to make playing music fun and not a job. We are all retired and live in Hot Springs Village, AR and are looking for someone in the Hot Springs or Hot Springs Village area if possible. Contact me here at the website for more information.

Thanks, Mike

Commenting on this Forum topic is closed.

rounding out your group

HI MIke,
Some months ago I sent you a message and got a notice you replied. Just after I sent the message I came down with the virus that was going around and had weeks of fatigue after that was worse than the initial bug. I'd forgotten you had replied until my sweetheart found this on a Hot Springs blog he gets.
I've been to several of the sessions at the Village on Saturday as well as some in LR at Hibernia. I'm also going to the bluegrass sessions in HS at the library. If you're not aware of them, they are the first Thursday of the month from 5-7 at the Garland county library on Malvern Avenue. I plan on being there tomorrow.
I also plan on being at a Celtic all day social and music event in LR on Saturday, not sure if you've heard of it, was forwarded to me by Ellen who is doing the slow sessions for practice in LR. It seems open to all I can forward you details if you wish. my main email is dragonlaughter@gmail.com and cell phone is 501 655 9411.
I'm atypical in most things I do. My drum has quite a broad tonal range and I enjoy adding harmony support as well as rhythm. With bluegrass I find I'm often doing much the same thing the upright bass does. While I'm atypical I do try to do things in a way that works well with others. But a fair amount of bodhran playing I've heard just like the drum circle is truly session killing either with volume, bad timing or just plain boring. I do like to keep things fresh but don't intend to be so far out that it doesn't work with the music. Just trying to give full disclosure. :)
I'd be glad to meet you now that I'm running more at my normal high speed again at a practice session, tomorrow at the library or time/place of your choice.
Julie Alexander

one more thing on bluegrass/folk

There are people who go to the library jam that are interested in more sessions and also practice sessions. The Fine Arts Center gallery on Central, downtown near Maxines, is willing to host on Thursday evenings. Space may be limited but its a start. Would you be interested in something like regular jams and perhaps helping set up a song list and practice sessions? There are people interested in the area but unlike Mt. Ida and other places, HS seems not to have a core group yet to get things rolling. I've set up a facebook page that can be used for notification and can also contact the newspaper about a message for regular jam sessions just as the drum circle had.
Julie

hot springs bluegrass facebook page setup now

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169564163177989/
There are people interested in trying Thursdays at the Fine Arts Center. I'll be posting details of when, how to get there and such as soon as I can verify with the proprietor.
Julie

hot springs bluegrass facebook page setup now

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169564163177989/
There are people interested in trying Thursdays at the Fine Arts Center. I'll be posting details of when, how to get there and such as soon as I can verify with the proprietor.
Julie

User login

Find local musicians and jams through folkjam.

• Improve your skills - play
  • Promote your local jams
  • Join/start local groups
  • Connect with local musicians
  • Receive details of new jams via email

Play well with others

Recent comments